[ga] What Else is New? DNSO/BC's suicide

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:59:56 -0500, Leah Gallegos wrote:
> How far is this going to go?  Good work, Names Council and BC.  Keep
> degrading ICANN's legitimacy as a bottom up organization that includes
> the Internet community.

Hi Leah

Well it really looks to me as if ICANN is completely broken.  The ICANN
Board is not representative of ICANN membership or its Constitution.  The
three supporting organisations are quite unbalanced as they are heavily
weighted against domain names.

The consitituency structure does not balance "supply" and "demand" at all.
The constituencies themselves are certainly not representative of their own
constituencies.  The Names Council does its own thing (whatever that is).

And the General Assembly is without a Chair, an Alternate Chair, any special
purpose mailing lists or even any list monitors.  It is, and always has
been, denied resources or other forms of meaningful contribution.

I have no idea what is going to happen to the motions that have been
proposed or even whether we have a DNSO Secretariat.

So what else is new?

Regards
Patrick Corliss