Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

Many more months ago than I care to recall, I said that
the USG has no authority over the internet and domain
names and all that rot, WIPO is a pretender, and the
whole thing rests on fraud. International control of any
globe-encompassing entity can only come from international
agreement, by way of treaty, not some Executive Order
out of any White House, directions out of any D of C,
or anything like that.  When such a treaty exists, THEN
people can complain about what the U. S. does. Until
then, this mess we've created has the global internet
subject to the laws of California and the U. S.

Even then, what the U.S. and the rest of the world are
a part of through the U. N. still allows any country to
act unilaterally in its own defense, and the U.S. could
still be expected to do so, as would any other country
under the same circumstances.

(With both China and Taiwan now in the WTO, it
may be time now to commence generating such a
treaty.)

Bill Lovell

--

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html