Re: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign

At 18:17 15/11/01 -0800, William S. Lovell wrote:

>I cannot believe what I read in Jefsey's post -- he seems to be
>quite out of touch with the new post-Sept. 11 reality.

Jefsey's point , i think, is the reliability of the DNS/Internet.
Individual countries can be at war and implement local martial law
legislation.
Today it is the US, tomorrow it can be China.
Should this result in large scale yanking of domains from the DNS?
Just because ICANN was incorporated in California?

--Joop