Re: [ga] Apology

At 18:13 14/11/01 -0800, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:
>I apologize to the list for my brutal honesty.

There is nothing wrong with honesty. No need to be brutal.

>I apologize to the List for being angry when the real issues
>are NOT being addressed and phonies and patsies are
>presenting WINDOW DRESSING for the masses to consume.

Posting in anger is never a good idea. I am equally angry about what I saw
happening in MdR, but I have learned to swallow a few times or sleep on it
before hitting the keyboard.
(except in realtime chat :))
I'm sorry , but you went the wrong way about it.  Lone individuals, even if
grandstanders, even if mentioned by name by Esther Dyson, are not your enemy.
Character assassination taints the assassin more than the victim.

>I apologize to the List for not having the stomach to sit
>idly by while the Internet DNS is being hijacked right
>before our very eyes.

We are not idly sitting by. Organizing people is a slow and painful
process, as you may have observed from reading the last few years of IDNO
archives.
Without money, it needs endless patience and fortitude to build up the
legitimacy that creates the force that *must* be listened to.

>If there's anything else I should apologize for, please feel
>free to write to your local government representative...
>especially if you live in the developing world!

This is uncalled for and negates your apology.
Please, Sotiris, have a good night's sleep and return with a unreserved
apology.
Show that you are man enough to do what the habitual ad hominem attackers
here cannot.

--Joop