Re: [ga] Location of the next ICANN meeting/both

Logistically I do not believe it should be moved.  However I think the premise
is good.  The US is big and travel from east coast to west coast further than
most international.  New York should be given special dispensation.

A small vision;
Preface:  We have been troubled by our connectivity as we have done remote
through locations around the world.  NY to LA is a couple thousand miles. (but
except hear in San Diego) Our national connectivity is great.  Our
infrastructure remarkable.  Berkman, Verisign, Herndon Virginia, NY and DC are
all on the east coast.  It is far easier for many to reach the East coast.
----  MDR and ICANN are on the west coast, it is far easier for Latin America
and East Asia to reach the west coast. Can you see where I am going with this?

Request:  Let us Simulcast our meeting.  Let us hold it both in LA and NY.  We
have the infrastructure and the technology.  Let us use this moment to show the
world that our side of the digital divide has great promise and leadership and
open and transparent methods to lead us through these changing times.  We
should not whine that the WWW is used for improper purposes and then fail to
use it to the best advantage of great purpose.

Conclusion:  This is very doable, this should be very fundable.  While the top
guns may not like the added exposure to us unfettered masses, they should love
the added attention and spotlights.  Corporate Sponsorship donations and cheap
gratuitous grandstanding should all be a part of it.

Sincerely,
Eric