Re: [ga] Re: "political advantage"

Mike Roberts wrote:

> Life at ICANN isn't going to be the same either.  Given the military
> mindset and anti-terrorist measures in Washington and other capitals,
> there is going to be a much greater stress on operational oversight
> of the DNS, on stability and on synchronization with related Internet
> security steps.

The obvious question there would be what steps ICANN will take to get
secure DNS widely deployed quickly.

One reference site is:
http://www.toad.com/dnssec/index.html

A closely related, and I think important, question is how the signing
of zones will work. Methinks there's a risk Verisign will try to tie
the whole thing to their technology, acquire a big new market. This is
understandable, but not a good idea.

Methinks this raises some policy issues for ICANN.