Re: [ga] Gadsden flag movement

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 09:52 16/09/01, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 11:59:03AM -0400, Gene Marsh wrote:
> > > I apologize for the off topic post.  It is a different world we now live
> > > in.
> >
> >Terrorism isn't an American problem; it is a world problem, and
> >terrorists can come from any place where fanaticism dominates, including
> >America.
>
> Having witnessed this world problem and its roots from close up in several
> countries, I can only agree with Kent here.(and also with the rest of his
> posting)
> Pounding Afghanistan or any other ME country into the dust will only swell
> the ranks of the desperate refugees and help to recruit their sons into
> movements like Bin Laden's.
> And an America that will start slapping at itself  is just what these
> people would hope to see.

  Pounding Afghanistan may be necessary.  And to a degree I believe that
it may
also be helpful, much as was the case when we pounded Libya.  It is
amazing
how convincing a good pounding can be sometimes.  I am however not
advocating doing so, I am simply not willing to rule it out as a option
if
the Govt. doesn't turn over any and all terrorists that are in their
country
now, and discontinues harboring them in the future.

> Staying cool is the only intelligent response.

  Yes.  But as our president said, the US is a peaceful country and
loves peace.  But is fierce when angered.

  I say, the world must recognize, that those that support, in word or
deed,
terrorists activities, regardless of the means, must be dealt with
harshly,
directly and consistently.  Those that deny democratic principals in
any way must be viewed with a suspicious eye, and if provocative
action or policy is their endeavor, they too, must be dealt with
appropriately,
and without undo delay.

> joop
> world-patriot

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827