Re[2]: [ga] what we share

At 16:48 12/09/01, William X Walsh wrote:

>They are happening.  Regretfully, several Islamic communities, and
>religious centers have received telephone threats this evening here in
>the state of California.
>
>This was not an attack by an ethnicity or religion. This was an attack
>on America and the American people, of all ethnicities and religions.
>
>This was an attack on the peace and dignity of the world really.
>
>No Americans should be singled out, because of their ethnicity or
>religion.  They are as repulsed, angry, and shocked by this attack as
>any other Americans.  We shouldn't subject them to another reason to
>fear.  There is already enough fear this day.

About this I wholly agree with William.
The threat of a backlash towards American innocents of Arab descent is all
too real.
It's Pearl Habour all over again, minus an identified responsible party.
Worse for the civil liberties: the war on the shadows has now started.
Collateral damage may create the breeding ground for new and more dangerous
terrorism, springing directly from American soil.