Re: [ga] what we share

WXW, Marilyn, Bill and all assembly members,

  I agree with Marilyn and Bill.  Marilyn is quite correct that a loss of trust
is the most terrible repercussion.  We all that have been involved in
world affairs and politics on various levels and in certain issues, have seen
and are experiencing a continuing drain of trust.  The horrific events in
NYC, Wash. DC., and Somerset PA. do not justify however a
means to engender trust.  What we have seen and heard/read of
the ICANN events in Montevideo, are also a drain on the greater
trust in our fellow man by the ICANN leadership...

  It is obvious beyond just simple understanding that no ethnic or
religious groups citizens of the US, should be viewed with distrust
for any reason because of yesterdays events.  I hope that such
not even need be mentioned on this forum again, by anyone, at anytime
for any reason!  I personally am quite disgusted that such mention
was made at all!  :(

William X Walsh wrote:

> Tuesday, Tuesday, September 11, 2001, 9:36:55 PM, William S. Lovell wrote:
>
> > "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" wrote:
>
> >> What a terrible tragedy for all -- in human lives lost or harmed; in
> >> economic impact; but most of all, in the loss of trust.
> >>
> >> I learned of the World Trade Center crashes, along with a cab driver who is
> >> in the U.S. from Egypt for 15 years, and who is very much a U.S. citizen...
> >> and we both thought, almost simultaneously, of the issues of reaction toward
> >> peoples from whatever country, or religion, or continent which the attacks
> >> might have originated from...
>
> > Marilyn:
>
> > In this case, I think (and hope), that no such reactions, or at least very few,
> > should occur.
>
> They are happening.  Regretfully, several Islamic communities, and
> religious centers have received telephone threats this evening here in
> the state of California.
>
> This was not an attack by an ethnicity or religion. This was an attack
> on America and the American people, of all ethnicities and religions.
>
> This was an attack on the peace and dignity of the world really.
>
> No Americans should be singled out, because of their ethnicity or
> religion.  They are as repulsed, angry, and shocked by this attack as
> any other Americans.  We shouldn't subject them to another reason to
> fear.  There is already enough fear this day.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827