Re: [ga] Re: [announce] NC telecon 16 August 2001 - agenda

On 18:03 01/08/01, Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales said:
>The DNSO is not an entity that have profits.

The DNSO is a Support Organization. Its budget is to the supported party.
You do not pay your customers, you are paid by them, even in the new
economy. The funding must come from the DNs. Fostering competition is not
to create a competition against oneself to the benefit of the current monopoly.

>The DNSO has to adopt the same
>philosophy as ICANN do, as part of ICANN:  "the costs has to be as low as
>possible (i.e.
>near to zero).

OK. Let have Danny and Patrick visiting me in Versailles on the budget.

>The bottom line here is: don't ask to the constituencies to spend more and
>more money.  This would increase the Budget meaning that constituencies
>would have to pay more year by year.   Instead, help us to find solutions
>that would help the DNSO to have more quality services available to its
>members without having to spend thousand and thousands of dollars.

Kiss good-bye to Joe Sims and Louis Touton. Good saving.
Hire Kent Crispin or Roeland Mayer to manage the Galaxy
part time. Have the IANA functions managed by Michelle.
Have two meetings a year in MDR. Stop team travels and
reduce on travels - it would save time to work on IPv6 and
new TLDs. Get a good mail based management system
(copy Estonia) at low cooperation costs: ask Dave Crocker
he might have some good ideas in his domain. Forget about
governance grandeur and propose the ccTLD to save on
their expenses in sharing MDR rent and staff. Agree with
other root on a mutual compensation plan by TLDs, develop
the Internet market and value added services for more DNs
to be sold and at higher value.

I am ready to cooperate 100% to such a cost reduction plan.
My 2 cents contribution.

Jefsey