Re: [ga] VeriSign complains...

Dear Derek,
On 03:32 20/07/01, Derek Conant said:
I can support VeriSign's efforts to require its customers to acknowledge
and approve transfer-away requests

This would be acceptable if the demands of transfer of a VerSign customer to another Registrar were also approved by VeriSign. They delay until it is overdue, then the DN becomes "not available". And....

But the best is that:
<quote>
icann.org is not available
Be first in line to get icann.org - Back Order it NOW!

Is the name you want already taken? Now you can back-order that domain name and thereby acquire it as soon as it becomes available. We watch it for you, every day, 24/7, so you don’t have to. And we register it for you for one year the moment it becomes available — all for the low cost of $49. TRY IT NOW!
</unquote>

If 100 people wants to get icann.org they will get $ 4900 for NOTHING - except possibly to fight the interest of their own customers...  Some people are really cute at VeriSign at making money out of Roberto Gaetano, Louis Touton, Stuart Lynn and als. (all this would not exist with one million TLD or with a more serious DN registration system).

Jefsey