Re: [ga] Request to suspend the DOC's .us RFQ posted

This RFQ may well be a replay of the Teapot Dome
scandal, in which valuable U. S. (people-owned)
resources were given away (with a little cumshaw
passing under the table from the winning contractors)
and should be ended immediately.  I suggest that the
U. S. Dept. of Justice look into the matter.  Is the
identity of the "winning contractor" already known
to the DoC? And more importantly, where is the
statutory and Constitutional authority of the DoC
to give away those rights in the first place? That
needs to be spelled out specifically, with full and
complete legal citations before the DoC can do
anything -- I've not read this RFQ itself, but in
my previous experience those things rarely even
approach establishing their actual bona fides.

Bill Lovell

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

http://www.mediaaccess.org/filings/letter2doc.pdf