RE: [ga] Motion Accepted

--- Roeland Meyer <rmeyer@mhsc.com> wrote:
> Many of us have other things to do besides camp out
> on this list, or any other list, for the occasional
> tid-bit of relevence. Having the messages pre-sorted
> into convenient bins helps a lot. It also helps
> focus the discussion. That is something that the GA
> sorely needs...a little focus.

Agreed.  That sublists focus the discussion is
inexorably true.  My concern, however, is that the
discussion is focussed and polarized amongst those who
are most interested in one side of an issue or
another.  Sublists hamper the participation of new or
more casually interested members, the people who are
most likely to provide conciliatory or compromising
opinions (the ones that help to foster consensus).

> > Conducting straw polls on separate sites...

> You expect to prevent this? ... how? If I wanted to
> set up a separate opinion poll, on DNSO.NET, I'd
> dearly like to see anyone, in any official
> capacity, try and stop me.

On the contrary, Roeland.  I applaud any effort made
toward the benefit and furtherance of the GA.  I just
want to make sure that any credence given such a poll
is proportional to the participation of ALL GA
members, including "rookies," who may not yet know the
"lay of the land" of this organization.

Sincerely,
Jason Graff