Re: [ga] Motion Accepted

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:48:34 -0700 (PDT), Jason Graff wrote:

> On the contrary, Roeland.  I applaud any effort made
> toward the benefit and furtherance of the GA.  I just
> want to make sure that any credence given such a poll
> is proportional to the participation of ALL GA
> members, including "rookies," who may not yet know the
> "lay of the land" of this organization.

Hi Jason

Thank you for your comments.  I quite understand, and share, your concerns
that "rookies" may not understand what is going on.  I'm sure we all agree
with that view.

As you know, there are very many issues of an "administrative" nature.  One
is the welcome provided to new members, another is regular bulletins through
GA-ANNOUNCE, yet another is the layout and content of the DNSO website.  All
are important to get the system functioning properly.

However, many substantive issues have been bypassed because of ongoing
debate about lists, rules, procedures, methodologies and protocols.
Examples are WIPO2 and Stuart Lynn's new policy on "alt" roots.  We cannot
afford to miss such opportunities for input.

It really is not asking too much to refer such issues to one single list viz
[ga-rules].  I am happy to ask the DNSO Secretariat to notify all new
members accordingly and to give this process greater prominence on the DNSO
website.

Joanna Lane and William Lovell have kindly worked together to produce a Best
Practices Guide.  This is being discussed on [ga-rules].  Could I therefore
ask GA members to respect the declared wishes of this forum and conduct any
further debate on the [ga-rules] mailing list.

I appreciate all of your efforts to make this forum work effectively.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss