Re: [ga] Re: Excess Posting Limits

Kent Crispin wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 08:35:17AM -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:
> >   ... this procedure provides a mechanism
> >    for resolving a real problem raised by one member: a single post
> >    brings back 5 or 6 responses, to all of which the original poster is then
> >    precluded from responding publicly on the same list unless he/she waits
> >    until the next day, and then the next, etc., which on some issues is
> >    like not responding at all.
>
> Sorry.  First of all, none of the above are real problems -- they are
> all just whining about inconveniences.  Second, list software wouldn't
> handle proxies, anyway.  If you want to send a message to a person, and
> have them forward it for you, that works under any scenario.

Case in point: I would almost use up my limit for the day simply if I
responded to Patrick Corliss and no one else. Also, I don't believe
I suggested that software would handle proxies, since obviously it
would not.  Read carefully.

So I gather you can be put down as one who would prefer the post
limit rules to be circumvented by artifice, rather than by the
establishment of some recognized procedure that would allow
a full response by someone being deluged.  So be it.

Bill Lovell

> --
> Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be
> kent@songbird.com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm