[ga] Re: Note from the Secretariat

The DNSO Secretariat Search Committee reports:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc05/doc00013.doc

PROGRESS:

1.  The RFP for providers of DNSO Secretariat services (currently provided by
Elisabeth/AFNIC) has now closed.
2.  Eight responses have been received and are currently being evaluated by
Ian Peter and Associates.
3.  The evaluation and recommendations of Ian Peter and Associates will be
forwarded to members of the Search Committee early next week (no later than
Tue, 2 Jul).
4.  The Search Committee is scheduled to meet on Thu next week (5 Jul) to
consider the report of Ian Peter and Associates and determine its
recommendation(s) for appointment.
5.  The recommendation of the Search Committee will be submitted to the NC
Budget Committee, which, in its turn, will submit a recommendation for
appointment to the NC.
6.  The appointee will be offered a consultancy contract and it is expected
that a standard form contract will be used (with deliverables included in the
contract schedule).  ICANN, acting on behalf of the NC, will be the contract
signatory.

CONTRACT

The Search Committee has sought ICANN guidance and assistance on the most
appropriate contractual arrangements and a copy of the standards consultancy
contract used by ICANN.  However, no response from ICANN has so far been
received and follow up on this issue is required.

More fact-finding... Perhaps the Search Committee can advise how soon we can
expect to have a new Secretariat contract in place, and perhaps they can
advise whether the new contract contains sufficient funds to allow the
General Assembly to conduct necessary voting as required.

[Please note:  The Committee's RFP may be found at
http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/2001.RFP-DNSO.html ]