RE: [ga] Note from the DNSO Secretariat

Let's be strategic here and realistic as well. I agree that all resources
are finite. So, givens:

* that there is an election to the board.
* we have made other polling/voting requests

We need to prioritize and assess the options. I am not expressing an
opinion, but I noted that the election vote comes in the middle of the ICANN
meeting. Do we 1) consider, with consultation with the Constituencies
whether to explore delaying the nomination/vote process until after
Montevideo? 2) determine that we need to MOVE UP the nomoination/vote cycle
so that a vote can take place BEFORE Montevideo?
3) put all other work on hold until the vote?

I'm a pragmatist on this. Having run a business and now managing a team, I
agree that resources are finite.

Can we do something informal first, in taking consultation with the
constituencies on what their thinking is about 1) and 2) above.

This should be an easy request, if it seems reasonable, and since it  isn't
binding, I suggest that if several folks concur, then Danny, with support
from Patrick, should draft an email to the constituencies NC reps, and query
them about the possible strategies.

BEFORE doing this, we might ask Danny to send an email to Louie Touton,
asking him what the options are, from the bylaws perspective.

TThis is all fact finding and no binding decisions are being made, and then
the GA can consult with the constituencies, and I suggest that because it
seems to me that in general, general agreement would be useful on such a
topic.

.... it's only an idea: comments?

Oh, yeah, I agree with the comment that it's summer vacation here, and in
Europe, but I take note that it's winter in some other places, and I bet
some folks are on winter holiday. In any case, cheers for diversity of
climate, among other things.

:-)