[ga] Suspension of Dierker, Fleming, Walsh, Williams

Hi William

It is appropriate to respond on the [ga] list.  However, I don't believe it
is an issue that warrants continuing discussion.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:10:58 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> Doesn't matter.  Not having a reasonable limit on time frames lends
> itself to a situation where someone annoys a monitor, and that person
> goes back and looks for a reason to sanction.

Under the current system, the List Monitors respond to complaints made.
They do not trawl through posts looking for a reason to suspend somebody.

> I was told something off list that suggested that this had occurred
> here, that Danny had in fact told the monitors to justify suspensions.

Danny made a complaint publicly.  However, the list monitors were already
processing a number of complaints.  As you know, many of these were copied
to the persons complained about.

> However, I have a hard time believing that either Kristy or Alexander
> would entertain such a request or direction, so I don't lend it much
> credibility.

Both Kristy and Alexander perform their duties with care and the utmost
professionalism.  As you might be aware, there have been a large niumber of
complaints to deal with.

> The only thing that does lend some credibility to the
> suggestion is the close proximity to the chair's postings regarding
> these same people.

Any complaint made by Danny is treated in exactly the same way as a
complaint made by any other person.  The list monitors adjudicate based on
the merits of the complaint and not the status of the person making it.

> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>

Patrick Corliss
patrick@quad.net.au