[ga] Re: Hearings in Washington

Thanks for this information Danny..... the WHOIS subject is of interest
to many
people around the world ...... and good morning from Brussels....

The survey is available in English, French, Spanish, Russian and
Japanese.  To
date we have received 1600+ comments, the majority of which contain
substantive
comments which the WHOIS sub-committee (comprising each of the DNSO's
Constituency representative and the GA Chair) will read and write a
report
high-lighting the common areas of agreement and where more work is
necessary.
It was intended the final report be prepared for the ICANN Montevideo
meeting,
but in light of the wealth of material, and the need to digest the
various
comments it is most likely the Montevideo report will be a verbal
interim report.

This is the first time an ICANN survey has been in a significant number
of
languages, our objective is to ensure our consultation process
encompasses the
broadest outreach. The comment period is open until the 31st July and I
urge all
those who have not done so already to submit their comments as soon as
possible.

Best regards

Paul