Re[2]: [ga] Re: DO NOT WRITE TO OR COPY GA-ABUSE

Hello Patrick,

Sunday, July 01, 2001, 2:36:08 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 19:45:06 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:

>> I did not send the complaint to the list.

> Yes you did.  So it was cross-posted.  The URL is:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc07/msg03217.html

> You also provided extra copies to me and Danny.
> So we both got THREE copies.  Mine, ga and ga-abuse.

Actually, what happened was that Mr Lovell took a message I had
written to ga-abuse (and 90% of the time when I make a complaint about
someone I let them know it, so he got a CC of it), and sent it to the
list, with ga-abuse@ and Danny and Patrick's addresses in the CC line.

I then replied to all (which we have to do on this list since they
won't set the reply-to header properly) without noticing the Ga-abuse@
alias in there.  Had I noticed it, I would have removed it.

I apologize to Patrick for not noting that this was the message he was
complaining about, and for not paying attention to notice what Bill
had done and avoid letting his mistake cause me to make one as well.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>