Re: [ga] GA-REVIEW & Other Mailing Lists

Hi Marilyn

> For what it is worth, I am having trouble keeping the various list
straight
> too, and haven't found the time to subscribe in all I probably am
interested
> in.  A smaller number would be helpful to me.

You will remember that five were set up in the beginning.  Internal and
External were meant to be the main two lists.  Then there were three
"special interest" namely roots [ga-roots], registration systems [ga-sys]
and trademarks [ga-tm].

Danny then added [ga-review] to carry on the work of the WG-REVIEW working
group.  The latest list is [ga-org] which takes us to seven "sub-lists".

The other lists are [ga], [ga-full], [ga-abuse] and [ga-announce].  11
altogether.

> Organizing logically is a good idea; but keeping it small enough in
numbers,
> since most of us are on a lot of other lists too [:-)], would be helpful.
> Not a problem to reorder this, I would think, if enough of the members of
GA
> agree,.

I think there's a general consensus that the idea is over-played
particularly when we cannot seem to get much support for sub-list (or
working group) Chairs, Coordinators -- call them what you like.

Regards
Patrick Corliss