Re: [ga] Nomination Process

David and all assembly members,

DPF wrote:

> On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 19:45:46 -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> >Please define Individuals Constituency.  I have many friends concerned over what
> >we are discussing here.  We are having a very hard time with the difference with
> >the domain name holders and us simple users, my children without domain names
> >asked me if they would be represented.  I want to tell them it is ok, can I?
>
> That would of course be one of the major challenges of the Taskforce -
> to work out who is eligible to join.

  I would think this would be self evident, and therefore a "Task Force"
is not needed, unless less that ANY and ALL interested parties
could not participate or be eligible to join.  If that is what this
"Task Force" is really for or to otherwise decree, than this "Task
Force" is not a "Task Force" at all, but rather a "Witch Hunt Force"...

> Some issues which come to mind are:
>
> a) Should it be gTLD name holders only
> b) How about ccTLD name holders
> c) What if you hold a third or fourth level name - should that be
> eligible?
> d) If ones goes with (c) then should any individual at all be eligible
> as it is easy to get a third level name for free
> (e) Should there be a minimum age of membership
> (f) Do you need to hold/own the name or just be the admin contact for
> it?
> (g) Should there be restrictions on membership of an individual
> constituency and other constituencies?

  None of the above should be restrictive criterion for a Individuals
Constituency.  If so, than such a constituency is a misnomer, and therefore
cannot be accurately called a "Individuals Constituency" as all...

  All stakeholders or "Interested Parties" are created equal!!

> DPF
> --
> david@farrar.com
> ICQ 29964527

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827