[ga] Re: [ga-roots] Alternate Roots, Naming Systems Coming Under Fire

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ga-roots] Alternate Roots, Naming Systems Coming Under Fire
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:36:38 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

Dear Patrick,
do not be abused by WXW's tricks. He confuses purposedly the
issues. Talking seriously about anything is a serious work.
Everything has been done on the ga-roots (starting with chosing a
wrong name) to make a joke of this debate. I fully agree with the
NC: multiple roots are what they are: foreign to the iCANN.

Here we should be concerned about the doctrine and the strategy
of iCANN about the DNS name space and more actively of the
iCANN management of the iCANN name space.

The way iCANN translates the single authoritative root into
iCANNese does not affect the other translations in Chinese,
American, French, German, Russian, Viet-Namese, Pacific,
Cinics, Ironic, ORSCese, etc... All are the same single
authoritative root, even if some are less achieved than others.
This is true that iCANN's translation lacks a Technical
Manager to keep it updated. It is likely that, until the position
is filled, the Staff will not dare to include foreign sub-name
space elements as the other roots do. I think this advisable:
you need a certain level of competence to do so (look at
their .biz bug already), all the more than their translation is
still the most widely used to date.

Jefsey