Re: [ga] ICANN - The world's Internet technical coordinating body?

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN - The world's Internet technical coordinating body?
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 13:14:37 +0200
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

Deat Leah,
Jonathan Cohen obviously introduces a very interesting concept:
On 12:18 08/06/01, L Gallegos said:
>"There should be clear notice to those out there on alternate roots, if
>they choose a top-level domain because they think they can move
>faster than we, that won't prevent us from choosing it," Cohen said.
>"Otherwise  it's open season."   ...

I propose the Paris TM treaty to be changed into reading:

"There should be clear notice to those out there on competitive business,
if they chose to register a TM because they think they can move faster than
competition, that won't prevent the WIPO from registering that TM to the
last registrant, otherwise it's open fair practice."

Last come first serve would most probably permit Louis Touton to get some
sleep. And Lynn to focus on hiring a Tech Manager to update the iCANN
translation of the single authoritative root. A lot of benefits to all.

Jefsey

PS. You know folks that Jonathan Cohen is *our* representative at the BoD?
Amazing. Has been elected with 10% of our votes against 60% to Jamie Love
and 30% to Peter de Blanc. Oddities of the DNSO.