Re: [ga] The ALSC and the DNSO

Nothing here against Joop and I can understand the Individuals' Constituency
concept, however, it appears to me that the DNSO GA is too thin within its own
current membership and agenda to support any additional constituencies.  Why is
the GA supporting an Individuals' Constituency instead of moving forward to
advance the subject on its own?  The Individuals' Constituency appears to be a
dinosaur already in light of the movement to restructure the ICANN SOs.

It appears to me that the problem the DNSO GA faces is that it lacks the
participation necessary to reach any valid consensus.  There is a difference
between 5 or 6 participants agreeing on subject matter and valid consensus.

I can agree with Mr. Younger in that we should focus on what should be the
work-item agenda of the GA.  We should take the bull by the horns here with what
we have to work with and produce constructive product for review instead of
spreading the few participants here so thin that we lose our ability to
communicate and lose our ability to develop and advance concepts.

ICANN itself appears to be signaling its willingness to restructure.  Why is the
GA not taking the lead in developing and advancing working concepts.

I believe that the Individuals' Constituency concept is a bad idea at this time.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman