Re: [ga] Re: [I CAN][PUBLIC-PRIVATE]Open Mic

Vint and all assembly members,

vint cerf wrote:

> Sotiris,
>
> I will by happy to read this question in the public forum tomorrow.

  This is good Vint.  Many of us share in Sotiris's questions with direct
answers we hope...  >;)

> Vint
>
> >Directors and fellow GA members:
> >
> >Considering the amount of money generated and exchanged within, and about, the domain name market and industry, will the ontological status of domain names be legally established anytime
> >in the near future?  Are domain names property or not?  If so, what kind of property, and whose?
> >
> >thank you.
> >
> >BTW: Exactly one 1/2 hour for public comments?  That is quite simply outrageous.  Considering the amount of time the commercials for Tucows and RealNames got in the last couple days, I
> >think this is a totally ludicrous gesture, don't you?  Why bother?
>
> I agree it was not enough and I am going to work on increasing the time for public participation.

  To little too late I am afraid here Vint.  You obviously not been paying as close
of attention on the DNSO GA (This ML) as possibly you should have.  This was
brought up several times in the past year of so...

> >Sincerely,
> >
> >Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> >        Hermes Network, Inc.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827