[ga] 2826 Golden Rule

…a degree of cooperation and agreed technical rules are required in
order to guarantee the uniqueness of names. In the DNS, these rules are
established independently for each part of the naming hierarchy, and the
root domain is no exception.  Thus, there must be a generally agreed
single set rules for [assigning the top-level domain names listed in]
the root.

And here is where we all agree,

Now may we all agree on one more point?

It should not be a top down money influenced decision as to how to
implement the above rule.

I for one would rather see a USG federal court judge decide this, than
the Versign controlled ICANN BoD and Staff.

I would be well pleased if someone could correct my thinking here or
show me a reasonable alternative.

Sincerely,
Eric