Re: [ga] Note to the ICANN Community UPDATE:

There are so many misreprentations in that statement that I won't even
try to address off of them here.  It is typical of the disinformation
campaign being waged.

In particular:

If the dates represented in the formal launch of an online live registration
system are to be the criteria, Neulevel has no claim at all, do they?  It
has not been launched.  There is a very long paper trail for the original
.BIZ TLD and the date of recognition by roots of the re-delegation is also
documented.

Let's see... If .net suspended registrations tomorrow, would it be okay
for another root to duplicate it using different name servers?  There are
others which are really dormant, but plan to activate.  Is that reason to
have another root duplicate them using different name servers?  Why
should anyone recognize their autonomy?

Also, if the registry/manager's reservation of names for a particular
purpose or reason is suspect then look at those reserved by Neulevel
(many of which are duplicates of SLDs reserved by ARNI months ago).
60% of registrations in the first wave?  More like reservations prior to
launch - just like Neulevel.  Hmmm.... except that ours were actually
reserved months prior to launch of the automated system, which was
months before any hint of an annoucement by
Neulevel/JVTeam/Neustar.  Everything was time stamped after the
formal launch of the automated registration system  for uniformity.  All
registrations were extended based on that time stamp, including those
that had been manually registered prior to even the beta.  Registrations
were accepted by email prior to the auto system.  I guess, using their
statement, many ccTLDs are bogus.  They don't have online registration
systems at all.  If I am not mistaken, .WEB will re-stamp regisrations
upon entrance to the USG root.

It is also interesting that no other root attempted to allow a duplicate of
the original .biz any more than they would duplicate .com.  The ICANN
ploy to crush this TLD is to set a precedent that they can do so at will,
regardless of existing legitimate business.  The statement disparages
the registry based on size/market share.  Oh well, let's just kill all small
business then.  Let's pass laws on business models, or better yet, have
all business nationalized.

Opportunistic registrations?  Speculators?  How many speculation
registrations exist in other TLDs?  Is it illegal to speculate?  Will
registrants who infringe on third party rights be subject to legal action?
Sure.  How is that different from any other registration activity?  Let's
close .com/net/org then.  Watch out, NSI.

Lastly, there were phone calls to those who showed interest in .BIZ
prior to the formal launch of the auto system and to the lodging of
applications to ICANN.  Some ICANN board members have known of
.biz since 1996. All were made aware prior to and duringYokohama.
the question was posed to the candidates for board seats prior to the at-
large elections.

The re-delegation of .biz was in May of 2000 after quite a bit of
discussion.  ICANN applications were lodged in October and Neulevel's
(JVTeam) was not posted until the 15th.  There were notices on the
ICANN forum as soon as it opened stating that .BIZ existed. Email was
sent to Ken Hansen at Neustar (the contact listed for the app) and the
other applicants more than once.  There is no excuse for what ICANN
has done.

Amazing how those who wish to make a case will interpret things the
way they like with no real background or documentation.  The
propaganda is all too familiar.  I seem to remember seeing this type of
disinformation coming from the Soviet Union many years ago.  Then
there were the blacklist days of the McCarthy era.  It's really sad to see
the public duped by the organization that is supposed to serve them in
a transparent, open, bottom-up manner.  There is Radio Free Europe
(still active) which was used extensively during WWII to bring the truth
to those under the thumb of dictators.  Perhaps we need Radio Free
World wrt ICANN duplicity.

The statement quoted below is bogus.  Once again, Sheesh!

Leah