RE: [ga] RE: Re[2]: A point of agreement (Re: [ga-roots] response to respo nse to response)

At the risk of stating the obvious ....
We seem to be in danger here of forgetting that the Internet is global but
the constitution of the USA is not.   While the US government is pretty
powerful, it is not a global or world government.  The rest of the world is
not bound by the constitution of the USA or the laws of the USA.  An
international treaty would be required to make alternate roots illegal in
the rest of the world.

erica

> IANAG Roeland, so I miss something in your reasoning. what the US
> constitution has to do with the root?
> Jefsey

It has nothing to do with it. The sections Roeland pointed to do not
in fact prevent such a law from being passed, nor would they make such
a law unconstitutional.

Not that I agree with the principle that such a law should be passed,
far from it.

But we need to use valid arguments to support that position, not ones
that are not based in facts.

Best regards,
William X Walsh
mailto:william@userfriendly.com