[ga] individual or sub-list abuse

The following mail from Kent Crispin has been brought to my attention.  It
rises three problems:

1. this mail is absurd.

Mr. Crispin's quote is opposite to his argument: he wants to show TLD
community lacks cooperation. And he  quotes an exchange where in spite of
potentially suing one another the parties talk together and commit to a
third operator (me) that in spite of their dispute they will go by their
mutual duties out of by respect to the users.

Should the iCANN keep its positions but respect its obligations the same,
there would be no more problem.

2. The matter of this mail is offensive.

This quote is offensive for the three of us and cross-posts without
authorization a mail sent to me. It is also disruptive of my known and
public efforts to keep the GA-FULL as a fair and open link to the iCANN.

3. Who is competent to address that abuse?

Mr. Crispin has never sent me that mail. He is on a ML where I am not. But
that ML is part of the GA I am a Member of and is subject to the same rules
in the same control space. I have no direct ground to complain against Mr.
Crispin, I have only grounds to complain against the ga-roots list.

I therefore ask to the ga-roots Chair which action he has undertaken
against Mr. Crispin. If none I ask the GA Chair to issue a warning to the
ga-root Chair or to the ga-root if no Chair and - until we have set-up a
global anti GA Member abuse scheme - that all the sub-lists be suspended. I
was warned, but how many were not? This is not acceptable. I fully support
Erica Roberts call for some rigor in this matter.

Positive Suggestions to Danny and Patrick

We have to move fast and all of us to agree. I therefore move to the list
the following ideas:
1. all the mails from all the sub-lists to be copied on GA-FULL. This will
remove the need for cross posting.
2. to agree that a list may be warned and then suspended for offensive wording
3. to agree that sentences will be doubled when the offended is a GA Member
not subscribed to the sub-list
4. to give each sub-list one month to come with a Chair or to be suspended
until they get one.
5. Weekly/Yearly(?) sub-list report to the GA to include a part about
courtesy about sub-list Members.

Comment

I proposed the Center of Interest working system on the WG-R after a
suggestion of Karl Auerbach. It was a open scheme for the DNSO. This was
the "jefsey proposition" documented by Joana Lane's the WG-R site and
supported by Danny Young (this is why I seconded Danny as a Chair). It was
about freely created Centers of Interest by the GA Members. They could
range from a few participants for a temporary work to a full permanent
constituency. It was based on an initially private *site* (where the
purpose, the self decided rules, the participants positions, the reached
agreements could be documented) with one or several MLs. Their only
relation with the GA was a link on the GA site and reports of their
conclusion to the GA. Four tentative CIs had been created [IDNH, sTLD, DN
Definition, Working by Consensus].

This shows I am not against the sub-MLs. I am against the CI concept having
been twisted into artificial and unproductive MLs. Now, the sub-list do
exist for a short wile (Danny has agreed to Philip to close them) we
can try to integrate them properly so they are not too much disruptive of
he GA works.

Jefsey