[ga] Re: ICANN Criticizes Alternative Roots

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: ICANN Criticizes Alternative Roots
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 10:36:36 -0700
  • CC: Chris Chiu <CCHIU@aclu.org>
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

All assembly members,

  The following is from the NCDNHC list along with my
response...  FYI...

Chris and all,

  Yes this is being heatedly discussed on the DNSO various lists
presently!  A more absurd document the ICANN BoD has yet to
produce!  Disgusting, disturbing and insidious!  :(

Chris Chiu wrote:

> In a draft document posted May 28, 2001, the Internet Corporation for
> Assigned Names and Numbers accused supporters of alternative domain name
> roots (ADNRs) of having "insular motives" and argued that it had a public
> "mandate" based on self-described "community-based processes" to preserve
> Internet stability. It further stated its intention to "avoid acting in a
> manner that encourages" the proliferation of alternative roots.
>
> See
> http://www.internetdemocracyproject.org/#highlights
>
> Sincerely,
> Christopher Chiu
> Global Internet Liberty Campaign Organizer
> American Civil Liberties Union
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827