Re: [ga] GA Credibility.

Dear Bill,
On 21:53 27/05/01, William S. Lovell said:
>Here we start to divide.  These highly credentialed folks are credentialed in
>fields that have little to do with a lot of what's now being raised. Being an
>expert on roots or whatever helps very little when talking about truly social,
>issues rather than technology.

I am afraid you might speak for yourself, so to speak. You are proud of
not being an "expert on roots or whatever". I am afraid you have to be
seriously knowledgable and experienced on many more issues starting
necessarily with "roots and whatever" to be on any use in here.

What Roeland means about people he met face to face, is there are
peole in here - him included - I qualify as "net keepers". i.e. true
"gouvernance" (in the French original meaning of the word: house
keeper) who have the knowledge of their ignorance and the humility
of their experience. I trust their judgement from SOA to Mozart and
Chilean Constitution because I know that if they do not know they
will abstain.

The real problem of the DNSO is that it takes a poor or no advantage
from all of us. What Erica Roberts just complained about. May be
should we consider how to build something more serious about
more serious issues than DNs. IPv6, Electronic Human Rights,
Digital Divide, new networks, Name Space organization, Third
World adapted computers, e-democracy, etc.. we would be surprised
to see what it might bring us into in terms of Domain Names (or the
like since I still do not know what a DN may contractually be).

Jefsey