Re[2]: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

Hello Sotiris,

Tuesday, April 17, 2001, 11:32:13 PM, Sotiris wrote:

> I "voluntarily" obey the speed limit too (most of the time), but if I break it and a
> cop calls me on it... well, I knew better.  By the time rules have to be "imposed",
> people usually agree they've been broken.

This implies that the "law" of the speed limit was made into law.  In
the case of the GA, the chair has to explicit ask the list members as
a whole to limit their posts before the limit is imposed.

A vague reference to limits 14 months ago, more directed towards
finding a technical solution to enforce that kind of a limit without
subjective decisions does not satisfy that requirement of the "law" or
rule.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com