RE: Re[2]: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William Walsh for mass postings

Hello

I would say that singling out any one member under the posting limit
rule is an abuse of position and that for such rules to be applied,
they must be applied without fear or favour and against all
transgressors.

From the posts below, there may be some confusion as to when the limit
was imposed.  It would appear to have been specifically applied before
1 April 2000 (second quote).  A request was sent for participants to
restrain themselves on 13 March 2001.  The request would seem to
indicate the rule was relaxed sometime between 1 April 2000 and 13
March 2001 as can be demonstrated by practical example on the number
of posts within this period.  One has to assume the request was
intended to reintroduce the posting limits but it is a fair stretch to
say it is actually calling for the posting limit to be in force.

Perhaps the current Chair can post an actual call now for the posting
limit to be applied.  It would be my belief that it has been a
voluntary limiting by participants up until such an explicit call is
made and that any penalties using this mechanism applied at this time
would be unfair.

With regard to the actual posting limit being applied I have found the
following in my archives:
(no other relevant material was found in my archive after 28 March
2000, my personal archive may not be complete)