Think twice before sending [Was: RE: [ga] Dave: "they are free"]

Hi.
In re-reading my post (below), and JFC's original, I think I did
misinterpret it and my answer was not to the mark.
Maybe this can bring me (and maybe all of us) to a reflection about how
things are going in these last few days on the list.

The conflictuality is rising beyond acceptable limits, the [ga-abuse] has
more traffic than the GA list itself, people (including me in my last post)
argue and reply almost automatically. The amount of things to read is
raising so much that I start doubting that anybody with a day job can read
all posts, and down to the last row.

This is creating further misunderstandings, further replies, further appeals
to [ga-abuse].
Can we stop it for a minute, and take a breath before restart?

I cannot understand how otherwise reasonable peopel can tear eachother to
pieces in a mailing list.
The [ga-abuse] is supposed to be there to handle the supposedly few
exceptions that go beyond the reasonable decorum. More than better define
exact rules, which will mean that from the next post we will watch which
post will pass these limits, we need collaboration in keeping the arguments
sound and the tone correct.

We are getting back to where we started 1.5 years ago, when the situation
was such as the GA did not have any credibility. If we continue along this
path, there will be no point in making a good argument, because the GA will
be so short of credibility that nobody "outside" will pay any attention.

Anyway, can I just ask everybody to think twice before hitting the "send"
button for a message that contains text with dubious decorum, and to avoid
personal arguments? Think that the more we argue in this way, the less we
all globally count, no matter who is right and who is wrong.

Regards
Roberto

P.S.: my apologies to Jefsey for having misinterpreted his message, and
overreacted about.