Re: [ga] Rules & Protocols Committee

Hello babybows.com,

Tuesday, April 17, 2001, 6:05:33 AM, babybows.com wrote:

> William Walsh has availed himself of the opportunity to comment on his view
> of the appropriateness of the actions of the elected Chair and Co-Chair of
> the General assembly, several times.  It is his prerogative to do so.  He
> has argued that the role of Chair and Co-Chair has been defined by the
> precedent established by Roberto and Harald.  To some degree this is true.
> It is equally true that Patrick and I campaigned on a platform of change,
> recognizing that the DNSO is an evolving institution which requires a
> modicum of change to meet the challenges we must now embrace.

There is no such "platform" for the DNSO GA.  That is not the role of
the GA Chair.

> The voters of the GA made the decision to select the two of us to champion a
> new effort to focus the efforts of the General Assembly.

No, that is not what they did. They selected you as the person to
coordinate consensus on the list, and to advocate that consensus to
the Names Council.

If you do not see that, then I DO ask the members of this Assembly to
ask the Names Council to review their decision in selecting the Chair
and Co-Chair.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com