Re: [ga] Dave: "they are free"

> > I run my own burger joint, until yesterday I have been screaming and yelling
> > against McDonalds, but now I support them, I really think that they should
> > let me operate in franchise, under their umbrella-organization, otherwise I
> > will consider this an aggression!

Not really.

You've been running your own burger joint, marketing a burger called a
"Roberto Special," and now McDonalds comes along and says, "starting
next quarter, we're introducing the 'Roberto Special!'" You tell them that
you're already doing that, and they say, "Who cares? We're bigger, you
don't have a trademark, and we didn't know about you." You show them
documentation in their own online forum for public comments where they
were notified of you, and they just shut up.

Can they do it? Yeah, guess so. Can you fight back? Yeah, you can.
Will you win? Good question, hard to tell. But it'll be a bloody fight,
that's for sure.

Christopher