Re: [ga] Dave: "they are free"

On Monday, April 16, 2001 9:30 AM (AEST)
Christopher Ambler wrote:
Subject: Re: [ga] Dave: "they are free"

> You've been running your own burger joint, marketing a burger called a
> "Roberto Special," and now McDonalds comes along and says, "starting
> next quarter, we're introducing the 'Roberto Special!'" You tell them that
> you're already doing that, and they say, "Who cares? We're bigger, you
> don't have a trademark, and we didn't know about you." You show them
> documentation in their own online forum for public comments where they
> were notified of you, and they just shut up.
>
> Can they do it? Yeah, guess so. Can you fight back? Yeah, you can.
> Will you win? Good question, hard to tell. But it'll be a bloody fight,
> that's for sure.

Hi Christopher

What I see is the whole fight is pointless anyway as "Roberto Special" is not
even that good a name and IOD Design would pay US$50,000 for McDonalds to use
their nice "Deluxe Design" name.

In this case it looks like McDonalds are just being provocative for no reason.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss