RE: [ga] No Members?

At 03:17 PM 4/4/2001, Joanna Lane wrote:
>You know, I would be most interested to know where you get this kind of
>information from. ... Very odd to my way of thinking.

David Crocker:-
So, let's see.  You are interested in masses of detail and then are
suspicious when someone provides it to you?

No. You do realize I hope that you are attacking me for requesting the
source of hearsay information. This was a reasonable enquiry.

Dave Crocker wrote:-
And you further appear to believe that because you have not been tracking
the history of these activities closely (or for a long time) and therefore
do not know much about the other participants, that you should be
suspicious of participants who have information?

No, and just because a person says something repeatedly (or for a long time)
doesn't mean it is true.

Dave Crocker wrote:-
Even when the details
about those individuals have been discussed and re-discussed many times.

OIC. You mean I should have known that Kent is engaged in offlist dialogue
with ICANN staff. Thank you for the confirmation.

Dave Crocker:-
No, of course, that should not matter, should it?  You would actually have
to do some homework on your own to find out such things.  Far better to
attack someone's integrity.

Very nice.

OTOH, it could be viewed that it is you who is attacking my integrity, not
the other way round. Where do you go to verify the contents of ICANN's
mailbox? This was my question to Kent.

Dave Crocker wrote:-
On reflection, this does not seem all that strange, if one merely
pronounces the mailbox string in your email address properly...

d/

Well, for a person who cannot pronounce more than one syllable at a time, I
guess my email string could present a problem, but since I could not
possibly say that about you, I guess something I said must have hit home to
warrant this flame.

Thank you for the compliment.

Regards,
Joanna