RE: [ga] No Members?

At 07:02 PM 4/4/2001, Joanna Lane wrote:
>At 03:17 PM 4/4/2001, Joanna Lane wrote:
> >You know, I would be most interested to know where you get this kind of
> >information from. ... Very odd to my way of thinking.

>No. You do realize I hope that you are attacking me for requesting the
>source of hearsay information. This was a reasonable enquiry.

You were not primarily requesting information.  the text I quoted (see
directly above here) is judgemental and tailored to impune questions of
ethics, or the like.  f

If you are insensitive to the challenging tone in your wording, a course in
writing (probably best to focus on business writing) would be helpful.

(by the way, i tried to find a more neutral way to word the above, but your
attempt at wide eyed innocence does not leave any choice.)

>Dave Crocker wrote:-
>And you further appear to believe that because you have not been tracking
>the history of these activities closely (or for a long time) ...
>
>No, and just because a person says something repeatedly (or for a long time)
>doesn't mean it is true.

Clearly you should not be involved in discussions on an open email list,
since you only will be satisfied by sitting in directly during the meetings
that you ask about.

>Dave Crocker wrote:-
>Even when the details
>about those individuals have been discussed and re-discussed many times.
>
>OIC. You mean I should have known that Kent is engaged in offlist dialogue
>with ICANN staff. Thank you for the confirmation.

OIC.  You are so interested in placing your own interpretation on things
that you are willing to invent interpretations to statements that provide
no basis for the interpretations.

Thank YOU for the confirmation.

If you ever interested in serious discussion about serious ICANN issues,
please do let us know.

d/