Re: [ga] New TLD Agreements

WXW and all remaining assembly members,

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Eric,
>
> Wednesday, February 28, 2001, 10:24:57 PM, Eric Dierker wrote:
>
> > Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> >> WXW, Michael and all remaining assembly members,
> >>
> >>   I must also agree with William on this one.  The UDRP is an abomination
> >> of gargantuan purporting.
>
> > Here is a great case in point.  Unless I hear strongly and persuasively
> > otherwise how could I argue against this point.  One post which has not
> > responded to attacks against it and seemed more calculated toward reaction
> > than input?  When I go to Melbourne I will argue with this point, unless
> > convinced otherwise by popularity and/or persuasion.
>
> The Chair is not a cheerleader for the views he supports, he is a
> catalyst for consensus, and needs to have ability to move the body
> towards a non-divisive level of consensus, and then works in a way to
> present that Consensus to the Names Council.

  In part this is correct, IMHO.  And I believe that Eric's comments in response

to mine, (Just above) enumerate this nicely....

> Campaigning for the position is probably one more sign that points out
> why someone shouldn't be GA Chair.  That's not the kind of Chair the
> GA needs.

  I don't agree at all here.  Campaigning is an intragal part of any elected
position.
The Chair is just such a position, in part.  I am happy to see Eric's Campaign
comments/statements/positions. >.;)  Especially these!

> --
> Best regards,
>  William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827