Re[2]: [ga] New TLD Agreements

Hello Eric,

Wednesday, February 28, 2001, 10:24:57 PM, Eric Dierker wrote:

> Jeff Williams wrote:

>> WXW, Michael and all remaining assembly members,
>>
>>   I must also agree with William on this one.  The UDRP is an abomination
>> of gargantuan purporting.

> Here is a great case in point.  Unless I hear strongly and persuasively
> otherwise how could I argue against this point.  One post which has not
> responded to attacks against it and seemed more calculated toward reaction
> than input?  When I go to Melbourne I will argue with this point, unless
> convinced otherwise by popularity and/or persuasion.

The Chair is not a cheerleader for the views he supports, he is a
catalyst for consensus, and needs to have ability to move the body
towards a non-divisive level of consensus, and then works in a way to
present that Consensus to the Names Council.

Campaigning for the position is probably one more sign that points out
why someone shouldn't be GA Chair.  That's not the kind of Chair the
GA needs.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com