RE: [ga] [ADMIN] Suspension of William X. Walsh

At 21:22 15/11/2000 +1100, Dassa wrote:
>Without presuming to contradict the findings of the monitor, I must
>say that I am surprised by this action for a number of reasons.

some words from the monitor:

- the list monitor has been very hesitant to act without a complaint being
   lodged by someone else, except in the case of postings that were clearly
' repetitions of previous acts that caused (unchallenged) monitor reaction.
   Before this complaint, no official complaint about Walsh' IDNO posting
   had been lodged. (In fact, the previous complaint to the list monitor
   was lodged in June. It has been quiet.)

- the list monitor has been worried about the Walsh/Ternstra spat for some
   time, but both the lack of an official complaint and the fact that the
   postings seemed to be about a genuine problem of some relevance to the
   GA served to delay any action (except an occasional warning).

- the paragraph quoted in the list monitor action is actually an accusation
' of record falsification, rather than anything that can be interpreted in
   a slightly more charitable manner (such as rule-skirting or sloppy
   housekeeping). The other paragraphs in the letter complained about could
   mostly have been interpreted in such a more charitable manner.

The list monitor hopes that these notes make the thinking behind the
decision slightly clearer.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com
+47 41 44 29 94