Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

I wait for that definition!

May I comment on the "unique public space" notion which
is worth for NSI 4.05 millions of dollars ($250.000 per capita).
As we know, this notion only comes from a "for information"
RFC by the IAB. The only reason why alternative roots would
be a technical thread is that the user might then not be linked
to the page that author intended.

1) due to the importance given to this notion, I dont think
     acceptable that the money received from it is not used
     to make it possible, ie that:
     - all the discarded pages would be kept accessible
       (some kind of public Alexia)
     - pages may not be updated/changed without the
       approval of all the authors having made a link to them
     - authors quoting an inexisting or erroneous page are
       submited to an automated UDRP

2) this is against the emerging right of receiving: such
     a policy obliges me to receive the current version of
     a page which may not be the one known by the
     author or the one I would like to receive. This is pure
     spamming, on a very high scale if you consider the
     number of banners imposed on you every day. This
     means that the domain organization is made in bad
     faith to the users since alternatives do exists. This
     should entitle an UDRP against the organizer, ie
     ICANN should be removed its charge to the benefit
     of more legitimate users.
     This RFC is not inexact, it only does not cover all
     the "if then else" permited. It is a small bug.
     A so small bug for so many bucks.

3) IMHO there is an important difference between an
     alternative root, privates roots and Big Bro[w]ther:

     - an alternative root subsitutes itself to the a-root
       so         a-root # alternative root.

     - a private root is a root including privately selected
       TLDs which may [and usually would] default to
       the a-root.
       so         private root = a-root + private TLDs

     - big bro[w]ther is a non call to a root because the
       root is already on the calling machine (this was
       the solution before the DNS was introduced, and
       is still the solution at booting time, before the
       DNS program is started on the machine: this
       file is named "host.txt").

       No more a-root, needed. The user directly access
       the TLDs nameservers. Or to the browser developper
       own root.

       So        a-root = 0 ;  ICANN = $0

Jefsey