Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

What is the ICANN definition an alternative root?  The ICANN staff
stated in the TLD RFC that:

     "The introduction of the proposed TLD should not disrupt current
operations, nor should it create alternate root systems, which threaten
the existence of a globally unique public name space."

    Does a definition of an aternative root system exist?

  Jamie

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Dave Crocker wrote:

> At 08:40 PM 8/31/00 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >I stand corrected.  Of course, it is defined in terms of "domain name
> >registrars" and so on -- ie, it's circular.  :-)
>

> Somehow, it is comforting that a hierarchical system has a circular
> definition...
>
> d/

James Love, Consumer Project on Technology
P.O. Box 19367        | http://www.cptech.org
Washington, DC 20036  | love@cptech.org
Voice 202/387-8030    | Fax 202/234-5176