RE: [ga] new TLDs

Hear, Hear.

This is obviously not what Mike Roberts has in mind when he
writes about domain names international business and asks for
K$50 a project donation. I do not know why people could not gather
together and say they want to manage their own TLD, set-up a
non-profit organization and become a Member of ICANN/DNSO
independent TLD structure. As GNU people shown, all included,
it costs $10 to set-up the ".gnu" .TLD.

".shop", ".ecom", ".banc" duplicates of ".com" may help ICANN
to make money at $.33 a duplicated domain name, but I am not
sure that having so many alias domain names is good for users.

The only thing in keeping the current tack is that  we will end
with scores of new free TLDs by Xmas. Happy new century!!!
I want to be the first to start ".2001" to see if "Space Odyssey"
people have an U[TLD]DRP...
Jefsey