Re: [ga] DNSO ICANN board member

At 19:37 22/08/2000 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>Harald,
>I like your a little bit icannoclast suggestion.
>But one question first: to get an endorsement is it enough to call a
>friend and to ask him to subscribe to this list?

yes.

>Now, I will apologize to
><http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-nominations/Arc00/msg00006.html>Jonathan
>Cohen not to support his tremendous dedication, but I am afraid his views
>and strategy are too different from mine's.
> From
> <http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/icann-nominations/Arc00/msg00004.html>Mr.
> Weikers' short and uncommitted letter of intent I understand he wants to
> be hired to do what is in ICANN's and every Internet user's best
> interest. I am surprised by his immediate supporter number since this is
> an election process?

Not quite an election process. Anyone who meets the minimum number of
supporters is passed to the NC for review.
I did not know any of the names who supported mr. Weikers; I recognize 4 of
the names supporting Peter de Blanc. This does not prove anything; I don't
know most of the people in this process.

I guess one reason to let the NC make the final decision is that it can
consider whether the support lists show support from many quarters or just
from a single well-organized group.

>- every nominated candidate is from NorthA.

note that the two other board members from the DNSO are not from North
America. Thus, people from Europe and Asia were barred from nomination this
time.

                Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com