Re: [ga] ICANN's delay

Chris and Roberto--

ICANN has succeeded at snowing the lamebrains on the Commerce Committee into
endless delays.   We won't mention the US Department of Commerce, for
obvious reasons.

ICANN is an international trade cartel of intellectual property interests.
DNSO is its principle arm.

Last year Jonathan Cohen (or one of his clones) announced at an NC meeting
that businesses had a bona fide "interest" in domain names whereas
individuals had no such interest.

In fact, individuals have a higher interest -- a liberty interest. Now that
ICANN has created a new world judicial body with the UDRP, hopefully,
individuals will begin to see that cartels like ICANN are a threat to
liberty that can only be relieved by throwing out the business-dominated
machines that control them.

Regards

>Dennis Schaefer
Marblehead MA