[ga] Another senseless rejection of the pioneering work of Jon Postel (was RE: [ga] last word on .earth, .usa, and .z)

At 11:19 AM 7/7/00 -0700, Rick H Wesson wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>
> > PgMedia is rogue, ORSC isn't.
> > If you don't know what I'm talking about you can go to the
> > archives from just a few weeks ago.
>
>I apply the term rogue to any organization that premotes the sale of
>DNS labels that are not in the ICANN root.

So...

...you reject, as "rogue", the experimental iTLD work of Jon Postel and
IANA prior to the IAHC formation, correct?

...you reject, as "rogue", the IANA guidance from 1995 and 1996 (including
legal disclaimers provided by IANA to non-IANA-root registries) which
established the early registry pioneers, correct?

You get flamed for good reasons, Rick.

Best Regards,

Simon Higgs

--