RE: [ga] About GA membership again......

Actually, it is. The NSF was woefully informal. Scientists are above petty
bureaucracy and highly intolerant of it, remember? The NSF's ineptness is
[one of] the reasons that the Internet was taken away from them. Do you
remember that bit about the infrastructure development surcharge, that NSF
directed NSI to take? That wasn't documented real well either. The NSF was
real bad about not leaving audit-trail. Geez, they even did a lot of pure
verbal stuff.<sigh> Most of the evidence that I have was indirect, mainly
folks bitching about it after the fact.